Chronicling my experiences moving to a new city, and trying out what Chennai has to offer. Primarily focused on eating out in Chennai, though I will also probably cover some of my cooking experiments here. Special thanks to Kh for tolerating my food-related idiosyncrasies.

Friday, March 5, 2010

La Ferme: Auroville Cheese Farm

This one will be short, but no less yummy. I had emailed them to try and organize a "cheese tour", and they helpfully obliged :) We reached at 11, waded through the branches, and found the helpful Mr. Matzi in the office. What we did get to see: the cheese being cooked, drained, and stored in the cooling chamber in the basement. 


Finished up with tasting at least 10 different types of cheeses, including the well-known Cheddar (really good) the strong Auroblochon, Goat cheese (the only one produced in India!), Bleu cheese, gorgonzola, farm, philadelphia (no, not the cream cheese brand, but a similar spready cheese + flavoured with herbs) . I'm a cheese fan & loved most the cheeses on offer.



For an appointment of La Ferme, call 04132-622212 or email them. I could put the email address here, but why not go out to your closest Nilgiri's, get one of their cheeses, and get the email address from the informative wrapper that packages all cheeses?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers